Volunteer Application Form
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our worthy2! Please review the entire form, and complete every step. Also, please know that all information you share will be kept confidential.
It is vital that our volunteers share our core beliefs. Please answer honestly the questions below regarding your personal relationship with Jesus and know your answers will be kept confidential and only reviewed by necessary leadership.
Please provide two references: 1) someone who has served as a pastoral authority in your life (i.e. small group/Bible study leader, mission trip leader, campus ministry leader, church Pastor, or a leader from a ministry with which you have served) ; 2) a personal reference. PLEASE NOTE that references from family members do not qualify for the purposes of this application.
Release & Waiver of Liability
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) releases worthy2 and each of its board members, directors, officers, employees, and agents. I, the "Volunteer", desire to provide volunteer services for worthy2 and engage in activities related to serving as a Volunteer.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with worthy2 is limited to a Volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that worthy2 will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to worthy2.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless worthy2 and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to worthy2. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges worthy2 from any liability or claim that I may have against worthy2 with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to worthy2. or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that worhty2 does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of worthy2 beyond what may be offered freely by worthy2 in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge worthy2 from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with worthy2.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to worthy2 may include activities that may be hazardous to me. As a Volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release worthy2 from all liability.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to worthy2 all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by worthy2 in connection with my providing volunteer services to worthy2.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Alabama and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.
I understand that as a volunteer of worthy2. I may be exposed to information that I must keep confidential, including but not limited to information specific to all persons being served through worthy2's programming as well as locations of various service sites. To ensure the protection of such information and to preserve any confidentiality necessary, I agree to the following:
1. Confidential information may be defined as: names, contact information, identifying characteristics, photographs, personal stories, prayer requests, and locations.
2. Disclosure of confidential information of the aforementioned nature may ONLY be shared within worthy2. (leadership and/or board members). worthy2 will not disclose confidential information unless required to do so by law.
3. Disclosure of the location of any residential housing operated by worthy2 is strictly prohibited. I understand that sharing this information could be detrimental to those employed by and living in the facility.
4. This Agreement imposes no obligation upon me with respect to any confidential information: (a) that was in my possession before receipt from discloser; (b) is or becomes a matter of public knowledge through no fault of my own; (c) is rightfully received by me from a third party not owing a duty of confidentiality to the discloser; (d) is disclosed without a duty of confidentiality to a third party by or with the authorization of Discloser; or (e) is independently derived through means not affiliated with worthy2.
5. If any of the provisions of this document are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the agreement as a whole.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Confidentiality Agreement willingly and voluntarily.